Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A festival celebrated with my family!

Every year,my family and I would travel back happily to my grandma's house which is located in Malaysia, located in Muar,Johor Bahru.All my relatives would come back from other places to have our reunion dinner with the whole family.I think having reunion dinner is important because it symbolise a family united again and I am very lucky to be able to have reunion dinner with some of my relatives which I have not seen for a long time.Reunion dinner can also bring us closer to each other even though we have not seen each other for a long time.My grandma and my mother and some of my aunt will help in cooking the dishes for the reunion dinner.The dishes in the reunion dinner consist of fish,meat,vegetable,soup and many other delicious dishes which always suits my appetite.Among all the dishes,i like the soup best because it is hot and spicy and it got abalone in it.After the reunion dinner,we would gather around in the living room to talk about what we had done the previous year.My cousin and I would chatter nineteen to dozens about our school life and games we played online to keep in touch with each other.When we got bored of chatting,we sometimes do play with card games while we wait for the time to pass.When the time gets nearer to the midnight,we would we very excited as we would be getting ready to play with fire works and lighting up the fire crackers,the fire crackers cracked so loud that I have to cover my ears.We would play fire works for at least half an hour before we had enough fun of it.When we finished playing fire works,I would be the one starting to doze off in sofa.The next day,we would normally receive some guest to visit us and we would be very happy because we would get "hong baos" from the guest that visited us.We will also receive "hong baos" from our elderly,we will secretly open the red packets in one corner and see how much money it contains.After few days of the Chinese new year holidays,we would have to go back to Singapore and that's the part I hated it the most because we have to leave our grandma's house and say goodbye to our relatives and can't see them till next year,even though we will meet up with them sometime in the year.I feel that Chinese new year is an very important festival for the Chinese as it means a time for the family to gather again.I feel happy after the Chinese new year celebration even though it is very short.





Done by,

Gan Ding Zhan

No comments: