Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Experiences with Jess

B) In "Bridge to Terabithia" , Jess celebrated Christmas by giving and receiving presents from his family. For me, my family would give me presents but in the form of money instead.
When Hari Raya is coming, my family usually celebrates it vibrantly unlike Jess' family which celebrates Christmas by quarelling about presents. It is tradition for my family to accept our gifts with a smile but Jess' sister complains about having something not of the same value. Hari Raya is usually celebrated with friends and family coming to visit but for Jess, they celebrate it without inviting anyone.
For his family, his whole family scrimped and saved to buy presents for one another but for me, only uncles or aunties who are married are made to give us money as they have a stable income.
There were no sayings of Jess decorating his house but for my family, we will stay up late on the eve of Hari Raya just to make sure everything is ready for the big event. We will decorate our houses with beautiful lights and lots of delicacies to eat!
Jess' family do not have any type of feast but we do! It is always made by my grandmother who cooks from the recipes passed down form my great-grandparents.It is usually made for guests who arrive at our houses. The food is also to say thank-you for coming to our house. It is kind of like a reunion dinner like Chinese New Year.

Done by,
Nur Khaliesah

No comments: